Java Programming Fundamentals
This learning track is a comprehensive program for learning the Java programming language for people who want to become software developers. It consists of three modules, each of which covers a range of important concepts and skills.
Interested learners can register for the entire learning track or for individual modules as desired.
- Module 1: Java Basics: This module focuses on the fundamentals of Java, including the creation of programs with conditions, loops, functions, and classes, as well as the manipulation of files. This module has a total of 25 hours of instruction, delivered over 5 days.
- Module 2: JavaFX and JavaFXML: This module builds on the foundations established in Module 1, introducing students to advanced concepts such as working with databases, developing console and desktop user interfaces using the PyQT5 library, and working on group projects. This module has a total of 20 hours of instruction, delivered over 5 days.
- Module 3: Data Base and application: This module teaches students how to create and manipulate tables of data, including filtering and extracting data, and deleting it. This module also includes a final project in which students apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired throughout the track. This module has a total of 20 hours of instruction, delivered over 5 days.
In total, this learning track includes 65 hours of instruction, covering a wide range of Java programming concepts and skills. Learners can register for the entire track or for individual modules as desired.
February 20, 2023
April 21, 2023
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
Ms Vanessa Al Daham
This learning tracks covers all learning objectives of the individual modules:
- The student will be able to create a program that is going to have a few conditions and loops, as well as to create his own functions and classes.
- The student will also learn how to use files and gain the ability to create, delete, and edit them.
- Learning the concepts of functions, classes, and modules and be able to work with them – ability to work with databases and to develop a console user interface – getting acquainted with PyQT5 library and creating desktop applications – working on group-projects.
- Learning the concepts of splitting data into related tables, providing data, and filtering their extraction, while also being able to delete them and learn how to apply this knowledge concretely in several exercises, and in a final project where all the knowledge acquired during all the 3 modules will be put into an outcome.
This Learning Track has a total duration of 65 hours and takes place over several weeks:
- Day 1/15: Java Basics 20.02.2023 09:00 – 14:30
- Day 2/15: Java Basics 21.02.2023 09:00 – 14:30
- Day 3/15: Java Basics 22.02.2023 09:00 – 14:30
- Day 4/15: Java Basics 23.02.2023 09:00 – 14:30
- Day 5/15: Java Basics 24.02.2023 09:00 – 14:30
- Day 6/15: JavaFX and JavaFXML 20.03.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 7/15: JavaFX and JavaFXML 21.03.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 8/15: JavaFX and JavaFXML 22.03.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 9/15: JavaFX and JavaFXML 23.03.2023 13:15 – 17:30
- Day 10/15: JavaFX and JavaFXML 24.03.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 11/15: Data Base and application 17.04.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 12/15: Data Base and application 18.04.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 13/15: Data Base and application 19.04.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 14/15: Data Base and application 20.04.2023 09:00 – 13:15
- Day 15/15: Data Base and application 21.04.2023 09:00 – 13:15
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
To fully benefit from this learning track, it is recommended that you have some basic familiarity with programming concepts and terminology. However, the course is likely designed to be accessible to learners with no previous programming experience and will cover the necessary foundational concepts as part of the curriculum. If you choose to take only the third module, you should have an advanced programming level in order to fully benefit from the course.
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.