Terms and Conditions
The Digital Learning Hub (“DLH”) is a new training centre specialised in the field of IT operated by the Ministry of National Education, Children and Youth (“MENJE”), and more specifically by the Department of Vocational Training (“SFP”) in Luxembourg, which offers continuing professional training using various pedagogical formats.The official launch of the DLH is on May 16th, 2022.
Article 1 – Scope of application
These terms and conditions are intended to apply to any participation of a participant in a training course offered by the DLH, whether it is a natural person or company/state entity.
By registering for a training course, the participant confirms that he/she has read the terms and conditions and agrees to adhere to them for the duration of the participation in the training course.
These terms and conditions may be revised by the MENJE at any time and any changes will appear on this website.These terms and conditions apply without prejudice to specific conditions applicable between the Participant and the DLH.
Article 2 – Registration procedures
Due to the layout of the training room, the targeted level of quality of the training and possible health restrictions, the number of participants in a training course may be limited. The appearance of the words “out of stock” on the website informs a potential participant that the training course is no longer available to him or her for the reasons mentioned above. If the words “out of stock” do not appear, the number of places still free/available is displayed.
Once a registration has been successfully completed on the website, the participant will receive a confirmation e-mail sent to the address given at the time of registration.
At the time of registration, the potential participant is also informed of the language of the training course he/she aims to do and of any prerequisites he/she should fulfill. Neither the language skills, nor the prerequisites are verified before registering.
Article 3 – The trainings
The exact date and time of the trainings are specified on the DLH website at the time of registration.
The DLH reserves its right to organise the course remotely (via Teams or other means). The participant will be informed in this case.
Unless otherwise indicated, the trainings will take place at the following address:
Digital Learning Hub
14, porte de France
Participants are expected to respect the venue, any materials provided, co-participants, trainers and any DLH staff.
The DLH reserves the right to exclude at any time any participant whose behaviour interferes with the smooth running of the course. The participant will not be entitled to any compensation of any kind.
The teaching methods and tools are left to the sole discretion of the trainer.
Article 4 – Financial terms, Replacement and Cancellation policy
The participant is informed about the prices for the training courses on the website.
Any costs regarding teaching materials or tools are included in the price of the training.
The full price of the selected training is due at the moment of registration.
Replacement and/or Postponement Policy:
- Company/State entity: requests tending to replace a participant (trainee) in a training course, or postpone participation to a later training course must be sent from the company/state via e-mail no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the training course to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.Any request shall contain all information about the involved participants (trainees) and the relevant trainings. The DLH will acknowledge receipt of the request and will notify its response to the sender’s address.
- Natural person: requests to participate in a later training session, if there is any, must be sent via e-mail no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the training course to the address email@example.com. Any request shall contain necessary information about the participant and the relevant training course. The DLH will acknowledge receipt of the request and will notify its response to the sender’s address.
Cancellation by the Participant:
- The Participant may cancel, via e-mail, his/her registration for a training course within 14 calendar days after the date of registration, without prejudice to the provisions set out below regarding the scheduled training dates.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 10 calendar days prior to the starting date of the training course, the MENJE will not reimburse the price of the selected training.
- In all cases, the MENJE will issue an acknowledgment of receipt for the participant’s cancellation.
Cancellation by MENJE:
- The MENJE may cancel an entire training course in the event of “force majeure” or if the trainer is unable to attend, or if the number of participants in a course is insufficient. The participant will be informed of this possible change by e-mail, as soon as possible.
- The MENJE also reserves its right to replace the trainer if necessary or to postpone the training course to another time and/or date, in which cases the participant will be informed of the relevant details and how to proceed by email.
Furthermore, the participant shall not receive reimbursement in case of :
- non-attendance at the training course,
- late arrival at the training course,
- partial participation in the training course,
- abandonment of the training course,
- early termination of the training course for any reason other than duly established force majeure,
- absence from the training course for medical reasons without a valid medical certificate.
The participant shall receive reimbursement in case of :
- absence from a training course due to health reasons, duly substantiated by a medical certificate, received within 5 calendar days following the date of the absence,
- if the training course has been cancelled by the MENJE, without postponing to a new date,
- duly substantiated impossibility to attend the new date of a training(s) course(s) after the selected training course has been postponed to this date by the MENJE.
Article 5 – Communication
All communication by the DLH is made by e-mail to the participants.
Any questions by a participant may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 6 – Certification procedures
The trainings do not provide for the holding of exams or final tests.
At the end of the training, the participant receives a certificate of participation for the training with the hours of the training and its title. This will be sent to the e-mail address given at the time of registration.
It is in no way a certification of ECTS credits.
Article 7 – Intellectual property, copyright and image rights
The training materials made available to the participant as part of the training course are the property of the DLH or the author, as the case may be. They may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express agreement of the DLH and/or the author. All texts, comments, works, illustrations and images reproduced on these materials are protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of these materials by the participant other than that intended for the purposes of the training course is subject to prior authorisation from the DLH and/or its author, under penalty of legal action.
In order to protect the intellectual property rights and image rights of trainers and participants, participants are prohibited from recording or filming trainings.
Article 8 – Responsibility, obligations and duties of the DLH
The DLH is an entity under the direction of the Director of Vocational Training (Service de la Formation professionnelle) of MENJE. It organizes and coordinates the trainings, ensures administrative management, organises the trainers, takes care of logistics, reserves the rooms, takes care of registrations and certificates of participation.
The DLH cannot be held responsible in any way for the unsuitability of the training content in relation to the profile of the participants. Information on the prerequisites that participants must have is given at registration.
The trainings are not intended to be comprehensive or exhaustive for any given subject and should not be construed as legal advice or opinions.
The trainers that the DLH employs for its trainings are either internal trainers (at the MENJE) or external trainers. There is no subcontracting.
Article 9 – Data protection
The participant is referred to the data processing policy that he/she accepted when registering for a training.
Article 10 – Waiver
The fact that the DLH does not avail itself at a given time of any of the clauses of these terms and conditions, cannot be considered a waiver to avail itself later of these same clauses.
Article 11 – Nullity of an article
If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions should be null and void or declared as such by a court, this nullity shall not entail the nullity of the other articles which shall remain in force.
Article 12 – Jurisdiction and applicable law
These terms and conditions and their execution are governed by Luxembourg law.
The courts of Luxembourg-City shall have exclusive jurisdiction.