Why are ZKPs increasingly used in many blockchain applications? With this course participants will learn why ZKPs can be considered a key technology without which blockchain can hardly scale towards mainstream adoption. Learners will gain insights into how ZKPs are relevant in machine learning, IT security, and get help in combating misinformation in future centralized or decentralized information systems.
16 in stock
October 23, 2023
October 23, 2023
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
M. Johannes Sedlmeir
Zero Knowledge Proofs
Implementation using Circom
Applications of ZKP for Blockchain
New business models
The course first gives an introduction into probabilistic proofs and zero-knowledge proofs. It illustrates how ZKPs can be used to make interactions more private or more scalable. Next, we will implement some simple ZKPs using a domain-specific language (circom). We then discuss some applications of ZKPs in the context of blockchain but also beyond. Finally, we will conceptualize potential new business models that may arise from practical ZKPs.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to :
- Understand ZKPs with insights into their implementation.
- Know about privacy and scalability challenges of blockchain.
- Have insights into future applications of ZKPs.
- Know why ZKPs are increasingly used in many blockchain applications and why they can be considered a key technology for scaling towards mainstream adoption.
- Have insights into how ZKPs could be relevant in machine learning, IT security, and combating misinformation in future centralized or decentralized information systems.
This course has a total duration of 4 hours and takes place over 1 day
- 23-10-2023: 16:00 – 20:00
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
Basic technical understanding of how blockchain technology works
This course is offered in collaboration with Luxembourg Blockchain Lab
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.