Introduction to Blockchain Programming
The course gives a broad introduction to Blockchain principles and programming and guides the participants through a first hands-on Blockchain and decentralized application programming experience in the Ethereum Blockchain environment.
The objective of this course is to give participants practical knowledge of Blockchain main concepts, including programming of the smart contract, Web3 methods, and developing decentralized applications (Dapp). In this course, the concept “learning by doing” is applied. At the end of the course, the participant will have acquired a foundational understanding of Blockchain programming.
March 2, 2023
May 4, 2023
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
Dr. Adnan IMERI
- Explain the functional components of Blockchain and their interactions
- Explain the fundamentals of Blockchain cryptography and consensus mechanism (algorithms)
- Understanding asynchronous aspects of blockchain and the way to program it
- Deploy and handle a basic Blockchain infrastructure
- Use the Solidity language to program in the Ethereum environment
- Understand Solidity programming primitives
- Design and develop smart contracts for general purpose
- Design and develop smart contracts for tokens and digital assets
This training has a total of 20 hours and takes place over several weeks:
- Day 1/10: 02.03.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 2/10: 09.03.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 3/10: 16.03.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 4/10: 23.03.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 5/10: 30.03.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 6/10: 06.04.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 7/10: 13.04.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 8/10: 20.04.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 9/10: 27.04.2023 18:00 – 20:00
- Day 10/10: 04.05.2023 18:00 – 20:00
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
Any participant willing to learn the programming of smart contracts can be part of this course. It is recommended that participants should have some basic knowledge of any programming language.
To achieve the best result possible and continuously monitor knowledge acquired during this course, three different series of assignments are organized:
- Assignments 1: Conceptual understanding of blockchain, consensus, and smart contract
- Assignment 2: Creating smart contracts by using different programming primitives
- Assignment 3: Definition and creation of basic Dapp (Web3 application)
This training is offered in collaboration with Luxembourg Blockchain Lab.
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.