Introduction to Blockchain
The course is designed for a broad audience of professionals looking to acquire a solid general understanding of blockchain technologies and their potential impact going forward. The course aims to provide the intellectual tools needed to assess various blockchain technologies and their suitability for solving a spectrum of business problems both in established contexts (big organisations) and in innovative settings (start-ups).
Out of stock
Sorry, the course is fully booked. If you are interested in getting notified for future dates, please leave your name and email address below
April 18, 2023
May 23, 2023
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
Sorin Cristescu & Wim Stalmans
The participants will be able to:
- Explain notions of value, money, and credit and their role in a society and economy.
- Summarise how game theory influences socio-economic interactions.
- Break down how Blockchain functions, what the roles are of the functional elements and understand the concept of “design goal”. Use blockchain applications and explain the reason for their novelty.
- Describe the role of decentralisation in a Blockchain system and its consequences for consensus formation, governance and socio-economic transactions.
- Recognise how Blockchain enables the exchange of value. Argue the implications of digital wallet and decentralised digital identities and explain their connection with Blockchain.
- Argue how Blockchain alters the trust function in a society and economy. Enumerate the characteristics of decentralised Blockchain ledgers and what they enable for individuals, businesses, economy, and society.
- Recognise the possibilities of smart contracts and decentralised applications. Distinguish the various existing blockchain technologies and summarise their differences. Associate blockchain design goals with existing business processes. Describe the potential benefits of Blockchain for public sector processes.
- Imagine and draw the design of basic applications that integrate Blockchain principles and characteristics and fulfil certain requirements.
This training has a total of 18 hours and takes place over several weeks:
- Day 1/9: 18.04.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 2/9: 20.04.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 3/9: 25.04.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 4/9: 27.04.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 5/9: 02.05.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 6/9: 04.05.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 7/9: 11.05.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 8/9: 16.05.2023 18:30 – 20:30
- Day 9/9: 23.05.2023 18:30 – 20:30
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
A grasp of basic IT concepts such as “servers”, “infrastructure”, “applications”, “source code”, “IT operations”, etc.
This module is part of the following Learning Tracks:
This training is offered in collaboration with Luxembourg Blockchain Lab.
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.