Introduction to Secure Programming with Rust
Rust’s rich type system and ownership model guarantee memory-safety and thread-safety — enabling you to eliminate many classes of bugs at compile-time.
Ownership is Rust’s most unique feature and has deep implications for the rest of the language.
Out of stock
Sorry, the course is fully booked. If you are interested in getting notified for future dates, please leave your name and email address below
January 10, 2023
January 24, 2023
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
English, German, Luxembourgish, French
- Starting with small exercises the language basics are introduced.
- Rust’s copy and move semantics are shown by example leading to Rust’s ownership model.
- We discuss how Rust prevents memory safety related vulnerabilities.
After the course the learner:
- knows Rust’s basic language syntax,
- understands Rust’s copy and move semantics,
- understands Rust’s ownership model,
- can enumerate the most important memory safety related vulnerabilities
- knows basic functional programming patterns
This training has a total of 9 hours and takes place over several days:
- Day 1/3: 10.01.2023 13:00 – 16:00
- Day 2/3: 17.01.2023 13:00 – 16:00
- Day 3/3: 24.01.2023 13:00 – 16:00
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
Some programming experience is an advantage
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.