Introduction to Human-Centred Design – Summer 2023
Human-Centred Design (HCD, often also called User-Centred Design) is an approach of creating digital products and services that puts the human users at the centre. This course provides an introduction to human-centred design, focused on providing good user experience (UX) and usability. Besides learning about the basic theoretical inputs, the participants will work in groups to gain hands-on experiences covering every phase of human-centred design.
1 in stock
June 15, 2023
July 26, 2023
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
English, German, Luxembourgish, French
Learners understand the human-centred design processes and are able to perform human-centred design activities of all phases:
- doing user research to understand the context of use,
- specifying user requirements,
- producing design solutions (including creating ideas and prototyping),
- evaluating the design through testing,
- and iteratively enhancing design based on test results.
- ESCO occupations: 2519.7.5 ICT usability tester, 2511.19 user experience analyst, 2513.3 user interface designer
- Foundational methods of user research, especially performing interviews and observations
- Gaining basic knowledge about personas and journey maps
- Translating user needs into requirements
- Ideation and prototyping to create design solutions (e.g., scenarios, storyboards, task models, wireframes)
- Foundational methods of usability testing
- Creating usability test reports
- ESCO skills: measure usability, execute user research activities, test for emotional / behavioural patterns, assess users’ interactions, measure customer feedback, conduct quantitative research, conduct qualitative research, report test findings, use methodologies of UCD, conduct research interviews, use experience map, draw design sketches, translate requirements into visual design, design process, interact with users to gather requirements, design user interface, create website wireframe, develop creative ideas
This course has a total of 22 hours and covers five days:
- Day 1/5: 15.06.2023 09:00 – 13:00
- Day 2/5: 28.06.2023 09:00 – 13:00
- Day 3/5: 05.07.2023 09:00 – 16:00
- Day 4/5: 12.07.2023 09:00 – 13:00
- Day 5/5: 26.07.2023 09:00 – 13:00
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
Knowledge about key concepts in user experience (UX) are required, such as knowing how to distinguish key terms like user experience, usability, accessibility, and human-centred design.
As a starter, we offer the module “Crash Course: Key Concepts in User Experience (UX)“.
This module is part of the learning track “User Experience (UX): Human-Centered Design, Research, and Management“
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.